
OMG so Trina told me about John’s Snack and Deli that was written up over the weekend http://www.sfgate.com/columns/bargainbites/ this place is 2 blocks from my work and so a few weeks ago I decided to check it out. I was there at 12:05pm and already there’s a line out the door-crazy!!! All the pedestrians that walks by were all looking at us lining up in front of this cigarettes store and was probably wondering what’s going on. I ordered the kimchi burrito and the sushi just to try … then it was the Looong wait… 35 min. (they had an order of 56 burritos today). I talked to some of the people waiting around with me in this tinny store and they all read the article on SF chronicle and are here today to try it. the power of internet/newspaper/word of mouth!!! I think everyone is looking for a new place to try and a good bargain in the financial district. I was starrrving … rushed back to the office and then took a big bite…. And it was a chuck of kimchi cabbage!!! Love it!!! the burrito was actually really good-not too spicy and the rice was white korea rice! But they did add cheese which I thought it was weird… but it was not too bad at all for $5.95 and it’s huge- I was stuffed :-P The sushi was ok... never a fan of matchstick carrots in my sushi, so i took it out. I don't think i would get that again.
The snack store also got some Korean snacks like red bean and melon popsicles! I can’t wait to get one when the weather gets hot again – soon – I hope. I think somebody should open up a Korean restaurant in the financial district. There are no good Japanese sushi restaurants and too many crappy Chinese and Thai food. Korean food is defiantly a nice change... i'll probably go back there again and try other items.
The snack store also got some Korean snacks like red bean and melon popsicles! I can’t wait to get one when the weather gets hot again – soon – I hope. I think somebody should open up a Korean restaurant in the financial district. There are no good Japanese sushi restaurants and too many crappy Chinese and Thai food. Korean food is defiantly a nice change... i'll probably go back there again and try other items.
No comments:
Post a Comment